West Virginia University has partnered with ECSI, offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement electronically this year. If you would like to receive your 1098-T form electronically, please give your consent by following the link provided below and following the step by step instructions. 1098-Ts will be provided by the end of January 2020. If electronic consent is not received by January 1, 2020, the 1098-T will be mailed to the current Parent/Permanent mailing address on file in the STAR student account system.
1098-T Electronic Consent
The benefits of receiving electronic notification are:
- Online delivery provides access to the 1098-T form earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected, or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once delivered.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- 1098-T forms can be delivered while traveling or away from home.
To give consent to receive your 1098-T form electronically, follow the simple instructions below to sign up!
- Visit https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/eConsent
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the web form.
- Check the box and click submit.
It's that easy!
If you have any questions, please visit http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html for information regarding your tax documents and to obtain contact information for ECSI.
Please Note – As per IRS guidelines, 1098-T forms are issued to all students who are US citizens or green card holders who have reportable transactions during the calendar year. Foreign National students will only be issued a 1098-T form if they have both reportable transactions during the calendar year and a valid US Social Security number reported in the STAR student account system.